Date: 15-Nov-2008
Place: Bheeman-kuppe-kere

It's been more than a year that I went out early-morning birding in a place around Bangalore. Today was a good day. My views about birdwatching has changed a lot in the past few years. I no longer have scientific inclination (of whatever I thought have had possessed) about the hobby.

Did some Digiscoping. Even in photography, I have lost the zeal to become the-best. Happy with mother nature has for me that day. It was a wonderful day today. A beautiful place. Tried my hands at landscapes with my new wide-angle lens.

Sky was dull. Here is one image I could manage. Attempt to "merge with HDR" failed again.
Lesson: Taking a good landscape is not easy. Money can buy you a good camera and lens, but not creativity :o) Anyways, will keep trying...

When I was about to wind up the outing, my friend spotted a Short-toed Snake-eagle perched on a distant tree. Tried digiscoping the bird. It was around 100 metres away. Here are the results.

Image taken with Nikon coolpix 8400 kept at the max zoom.
Bird is perched on the topmost part of the tree at the centre of the frame.

(Levels have been lifted to make them appear bright. Otherwise no post-processing)

Image taken by placing the camera against Swarovski's eyepiece.
(Levels have been lifted to make them appear bright. Otherwise no post-processing)

Image after post processing.

(Levels, contrast, saturation, Neat Image, sharpening)

Comments

  1. Good to know you had a wonderful time and liked the place !!
    I wish i could go more out birding more often..but doesn;t seem like i can go anywhere for quite some time now :(
    waiting.. lets see!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment if you like the post.

Popular Posts