Jaradi Kere - A panorama: Dandeli Wildlife Sanctuary

On the second day of our visit to Dandeli, we went on a safari inside the forest. There is a small pond called "Jaradi Kere". My friend Sandeepa, who was here before to attend voice recording workshop conducted by Dr. Meena Haribal, was recollecting his encounter with the Wild Dogs ("Dholes") in this place. Last year, around the same time, these people had twice witnessed two packs of Wild Dogs hunting a Spotted Deer ("Chital") in a gap of half an hour.

Although we did not see any such thing in this trip, the golden lighting of the morning Sun fallen on the forest canopy attracted me. So, I thought I should make a panoramic image of the place. There is another reason for that. I was thoroughly frustrated in my attempts to get the forest birds photographed. I thought, it would be better to stick to landscapes ;-)

I took this image using Nikon Coolpix 8400, set at 3x optical zoom (22mm focal length). I held the AE Lock button through out clicking all three frames. Yes, this image is made with three frames. Used Adobe Photoshop "Automate->Photomerge" option to stitch the photographs. Cloned some part of the sky as stitching was obvious in one particular part.

I have couple more photoes taken with panorama in my mind. Will post them once they are ready.

Comments

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment if you like the post.

Popular Posts