Goddess of Kolhapur

Visited Lakshmi temple in Kolhapur yesterday morning, 23rd March 2008 (Sunday). I was to attend naming ceremony ('nAmakaraNa') of my friend's kid.









Although the idol of the goddess Lakshmi was seen from a distance, it was not possible to get closer considering the crowd of devotees.
Compared to the previous evening, in the morning we were able to go two levels inside. However, passing through yet another entrance proved impossible, thanks to never ending queue of devotees. Philosophically speaking, it was as though the goddess was telling us that you need to reach me in phases. Looking at the long queue, I felt that I have a very long way to go ;o)

After having sumptuous lunch, visited the temple again to take few snaps of the temple from outside (after informing the security personnel). A very nice, huge, age old temple with very beautiful sculptures.

Now, I am in Pune in safe custody of my friend and IBM colleague, Amar Shah. Plan is to visit Sinhgad.

Comments

  1. Madhukara visited a temple 3 times in 2 days ! Your parents MUST read this post
    -Srik

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 times!! Is it special like http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/mp/2007/08/29/stories/2007082950500100.htm !! I wouldn't accept a 'No'. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment if you like the post.

Popular Posts